Procedures for Management and Submission of GRAD Act reports to the Board of Regents
- Registrar will email program change request to the PS SA Development Team (email@example.com).
- The PS SA Development team will request approval on all proposed change requests from the Vice Chancellor for Finance prior to beginning work. When changes to a PeopleSoft delivered program require a PeopleSoft change request form, additional approval mush be obtained from the PeopleSoft Steering Committee.
- Vice Chancellor for Finance and the Registrar or their designees will test all program changes.
- After testing, the Vice Chancellor for Finance and the Registrar approve all program changes prior to Computer services moving the changes into production.
- In early January, the LSU System disseminates “File Specs”, scoring worksheets and deadline to be completed and submitted to the LSU System prior to the GRAD Act reporting deadline, which is May 1st.
- The Administrative Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs sends a data request based on the requested information in the “File Specs” to the Registrar, the Vice Chancellor for Finance, Student Affairs within each School, Sponsored Projects, Technology Management and Human Resource Management.
- The data is manually compiled by the Administrative Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs into a narrative report, as well as manually entered into the online GRAD Act reporting system (the passwords are provided annually by BoR).
- The narrative and online data are reviewed by Academic Affairs, the Vice Chancellor for Finance, and the Registrar for consistency and accuracy before being initially submitted to the Assistant Vice President for Budget and Finance for the LSU System to independently review the reports to verify the accuracy of the data by their required deadline.
- Any errors/discrepancies are reviewed and corrected within the narrative and the online reporting system by the Administrative Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs before the final report is submitted to the Board of Regents by the System Office.
revised: March 21, 2014