Android Device Support
Instructions to connect an Android device to ActiveSync:
Using the following connection method, if a device must be wiped (e.g. a lost or stolen device may require removal of protected or restricted data), all data would be removed and the device would be returned back to Original Equipment Manufacturer specifications.
- Open the Android Mail application, and if a mailbox has already been configured, open the settings for the mail application and choose Add Account.
- Choose Corporate
- Enter your email address and your LSUHSC account password. Optionally check "Send email from this account by default." Click Next.
- Click OK for the Remote Security Administration pop up.
- Verify settings and click Done.
- Click Activate in the Activate Device Administrator prompt. This warning advises that the LSUHSC email system will have the ability to remotely wipe the device should it become necessary.
- Optionally change the account name and click Next.
- If you do not already have a Personal Identification Number set on your device you will be required to enter a PIN 4 characters or more in length on your device in order to connect to the LSUHSC email system.