Android Device Support
Instructions to connect an Android device to ActiveSync:
Using the following connection method, if a device must be wiped (e.g. a lost or stolen device may require removal of protected or restricted data), all data would be removed and the device would be returned back to Original Equipment Manufacturer specifications.
Note: Screenshots below are for demonstration purposes, and will vary by Android device and OS version.
- Open the Android Mail application, and if a mailbox has already been configured, open the settings for the mail application and choose Add Account.
- Choose Corporate
- Enter your email address and your LSUHSC account password. Optionally check "Send email from this account by default." Click Next.
- Click OK for the Remote Security Administration pop up.
- Verify settings and click Done.
- Click Activate in the Activate Device Administrator prompt. This warning advises that the LSUHSC email system will have the ability to remotely wipe the device should it become necessary.
- Optionally change the account name and click Next.
- If you do not already have a Personal Identification Number set on your device you will be required to enter a PIN 4 characters or more in length on your device in order to connect to the LSUHSC email system.
Check Your Configuration Settings
To check the configuration settings for your Android device, open the Email App, click the context menu and choose Settings. Select the account you want to configure, and scroll down to Server settings and click on Incoming settings.
The settings should be like the following image, where the field DOMAIN\USERNAME actually contains your email address. If you have your LSUMC-Master\MyUsername or anything else other than your email address, please change it.
For Server, you should not make any changes.
It should have outlook.office365.com if your mailbox is in Office 365
or mail.lsuhsc.edu if your mailbox has not yet been migrated to the cloud.