Instructions for VS.Net Users
Download and Register GAC DLLs
Download the Global Assembly Cache Controls and register them. In order to register the GAC files, execute the GACUtil.exe program like the following:
"c:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bin\x64\gacutil" /i c:\GACControls\LSUHSC2011Header.dll.
Adding Controls to Toolbox
Here are the steps for adding the controls to the toolbox:
- Open VS.NET
- Make sure the Toobox is visible. If not, press <CTRL>+<ALT>+<X>
- If you would like a special tab for the controls, right click and select add tab and give the new tab a name.
- Right click tab and select customize toolbox
- Select .NET Framework Components Tab
- Select Browse to select a control that is not listed
- Navigate to the first control saved and select it
- Do the same for the remaining controls
- Select OK and they will be added to the Toolbox.
- In Solution Explorer, add a reference to each of the DLLs that are registered on the local system to eliminate any compilation errors.
Using the Controls
The controls can be dragged and dropped from the toolbox, but it is best to use the template file Sample.zip in order to get the necessary template arrangement and include files. In order for the pages to display properly in VS.Net, you can download Template2011.zip and extract it to the root of the application. This folder does not need to be copied to the server.
Customizing the Controls
When the controls are selected within VS.NET, there will be options available in the properties window. This is where the various attributes can be set. At the current time, when the attributes are set, the designer will not display the attributes that have been set, but instead will display the default look of the controls. You will need to view the actual webpage in order to see the results generated by the attributes set.
A description of the attributes and how they are used are listed on the Control Attributes page.
See the Best Practices page for more information.