2017 Benefits Annual Enrollment
Welcome to the 2017 Benefits Annual Enrollment website! Information will be added as it becomes available. We encourage you to visit our page frequently during the annual enrollment period.
LSU First & LSU Voluntary Benefits (Excluding FSAs) Annual Enrollment Period: October 1, 2016 - October 31, 2016
LSU FSAs & Office of Group Benefits Annual Enrollment Period: October 1, 2016 - November 15, 2016
LSUHSC-NO Benefits Fair & Presentations: Thursday, October 13, 2016
UPDATE: The FSA enrollment period has been extended to November 15, 2016 and the Health Care FSA contribution limit has been increased to $2,600.
During Annual Enrollment, benefits-eligible employees may enroll in, make changes to, or cancel enrollment for insurance plans. It is also the time to re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts and to schedule 2017 Pelican Health Savings Account contributions. Evidence of Insurability may be required for certain plans.
All enrollment elections made during Annual Enrollment will be effective January 1, 2017.
The November 15, 2016 enrollment deadline applies to the LSU FSAs, the Office of Group Benefits health plans (excludes LSU First plans) and the Prudential Life plan ONLY. All other benefits are subject to the October 31, 2016 deadline.
Key Points to Remember:
- If you want to keep your same insurance coverage for 2017, no action is required on your part.
- If you do not take any action, your insurance coverage at 12/31/16 will remain in effect for 2017.
- Participation in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) require re-enrollment during Annual Enrollment every year.
- Contributions to the Pelican Health Savings Account (HSA) requires re-enrollment every year. Re-enrollment may be requested at any time.
- If you wish to waive health insurance coverage for 2017, a health waiver form is required.
- A Qualified Life Event may be required to make changes to your enrollment elections once Annual Enrollment ends. Changes due to a Qualified Life Event must be requested within 30 days of the event.