2018 Benefits Annual Enrollment
Welcome to the 2018 Benefits Annual Enrollment website!
LSU First & LSU Voluntary Benefits (Excluding FSAs) Annual Enrollment Period: October 1, 2017 - October 31, 2017
LSU FSAs & Office of Group Benefits Annual Enrollment Period: October 1, 2017 - November 15, 2017
LSUHSC-NO Benefits Fair & Presentations: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
During Annual Enrollment, benefits-eligible employees may enroll in, make changes to, or cancel enrollment for insurance plans. It is also the time to re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts and to schedule 2018 Pelican Health Savings Account contributions. Evidence of Insurability may be required for certain plans.
All enrollment elections made during Annual Enrollment will be effective January 1, 2018.
The November 15, 2017 enrollment deadline applies to the Office of Group Benefits health plans (excludes LSU First plans) and the Prudential Life plan ONLY. All other benefits are subject to the October 31, 2017 deadline.
Key Points to Remember:
- If you want to keep your same insurance coverage for 2018, no action is required on your part.
- If you do not take any action, your insurance coverage at 12/31/17 will remain in effect for 2018.
- Participation in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) require re-enrollment during Annual Enrollment every year.
- Contributions to the Pelican Health Savings Account (HSA) requires re-enrollment every year. Re-enrollment may be requested at any time.
- If you wish to waive health insurance coverage for 2018, a health waiver form is required.
- A Qualified Life Event may be required to make changes to your enrollment elections once Annual Enrollment ends. Changes due to a Qualified Life Event must be requested within 30 days of the event.