2018 Benefits Annual Enrollment
The following notable changes will be implemented for the 2018 benefits plan year:
Coverage for Dependent Children
- Grandchildren may be covered if the grandchild is unmarried, resides with the employee and is in legal custody of the child. Coverage will continue until age 21. If the grandchild is a full-time student, coverage will continue until age 24. Student verification required.
- Dependents who are unmarried and in court-ordered legal custody/Guardianship of the enrollee will be covered until age 21. If the dependent is a full-time student, coverage will continue until age 24. Student verfication required.
- Dependents who are incapable of self-sustaining employment by reason of mental or physical impairment:
- After 1/1/18, coverage for natural or adopted children and stepchildren will be terminated at age 26 regardless of impairment.
- After 1/1/18, other non-spouse dependents for whom the employee has legal custody suffering from a mental or nervous condition rendering the dependent incapable of attending school or holding self-sustaining employment may continue coverage until age 24.
- Impaired dependents of enrollees whose health coverage has been extended prior to 1/1/18 will be allowed to keep their coverage, subject to an annual review of their impairment status.
Office of Group Benefits
- No premium increases for 2018!
- Magnolia Local Plus Out-of-Pocket Maximum will increase by $1,000 and Emergency Room Co-Payment will increase by $50.
- Magnolia Open Access Out-of-Pocket Maxumim will increase by $1,000.
- Identity Theft Protection to be Implemented