Friday, December 16, 2005
- The architect has completed the plans and bid specifications for the environmental remediation of 1st floor spaces at the CSRB, the MEB, and Lions Eye Center. The Office of Facility Planning, Office of Risk Management, and FEMA are now reviewing the documents.
- Repairs to the fire alarm system at Stanislaus Hall continue.
- The contract for the repair of fire pumps has been awarded and the contractor has placed the orders for replacement parts.
- Parts for the switchgear repairs at the Residence Hall are on order. The temporary building power has been restored and will remain available until the parts are received and final repairs can be made.
- The contractor removing the flood damaged carpet and building materials has completed their work at the Resource Center. Work continues at the Nursing/Allied Health Building and the MEB.
- Natural gas has been restored to the Residence Hall and the boilers are being started.
- Freeze protection activities have been completed in all the buildings.
- The States Architect Selection Board approved the selection of Morton Verges Architects in association with Mathes Brierre Architects for the Dental School campus project on Tuesday afternoon. The project is estimated at $45 million. The contract was sent to the architects for review and approval within 48 hours. Under the expedited processes currently in place, it is expected that the contract will be returned for final state approval by the beginning of the new calendar year. Shortly thereafter, it is expected that the first meeting will take place between the architect, subcontractors, Dental School participants and other LSUHSC representatives.