Tuesday, January 10, 2006
- The final inspection of the work to remove flood damaged carpet and building materials at the Lion's Eye Center was conducted today. It verified that the work has been completed at that site. Work continues at the CSRB, Stanislaus Hall, and in the basement of 1542 Tulane Ave.
- The Dental School contractor has begun removing flood damaged building materials from the basement spaces.
- CSRB Switchgear: Entergy energized the building switchgear and the contractor is diagnosing the ground faults discovered during the initial testing. Power to the building has not yet been restored.
- Nursing/Allied Health Switchgear: The main bus bars have been cleaned and returned to the site. The contractor is installing them today.
- The electrical contractor has informed us that they are able to upgrade the spare 800 amp electrical fuse truck from the Lion's Eye Center to a 1600 amp version at no additional cost. The upgrade has been approved.
- The Notice To Proceed for the contract to clean the public areas and restrooms in the upper floors of the Dental School Clinic and Administration buildings has been issued. The contractor is scheduled to begin work on 1/12/06.
- The damaged fire pump has been removed from the Resource Center and the contractor is currently replacing the incoming water valve.
- Work continues on the repairs to CSRB animal care equipment (cage & bottle washers and sterilizer).