Thursday, January 12, 2006
- The work on the removal of the flood damaged carpet and building materials from the CSRB continued today.
- Permanent power is now being fed to the two main building feeder circuits in the CSRB and electrical loads are being added to test the repaired switchgear.
- Four new breakers have been installed in the MEB switchgear.
- Work also continued on the repairs to the Nursing/Allied Health switchgear.
- The contractor continued to make repairs to the fire alarm system at the CSRB system.
- Work on the repairs to the CSRB Animal Care equipment; cage & bottle washers, and sterilizers continued.
- The pre-bid meeting for the solicitation to repair emergency building generators at the downtown campus buildings was held today.
- The initial, pre-design meetings related to the major renovation projects to the Dental School and downtown campus took place today. Representatives from LSUHSC, the architectural and engineering firms, the Office of Facility Planning, the Office of Risk Management, and FEMA participated.
- The initial focus for each project will be to rapidly design and complete emergency work necessary to allow the rapid re-occupation of upper floors of key buildings at both locations.