Monday, January 23, 2006
- The contractor has begun removal of the asbestos still adhered to pipes, duct work, etc. in the Dental School basement. The removal of the loose debris has been completed.
- Residence Hall power was restored on Saturday afternoon. Minor repairs remain to be made to components of the switchgear and partial power interruptions within portions of the building are expected to occur for short periods of time as those are completed.
- The cleaning of public areas and restrooms on the 6th, 7th and 8th floors of the Clinic building has been completed. Work on the balance of the contact continues.
- The repairs to the CSRB fire alarm system are completed up to the point of the connection to the building fire pump and the final testing of the complete system.
- Baseline monitoring (which is used in the development of environmental remediation specifications) has been completed at the Residence Hall, Nursing/Allied Health, Stanislaus Hall, and the Resource Center. Baseline monitoring will be completed in the other buildings in the near future. The development of bid specifications for the environmental remediation in these buildings is underway.