Wednesday, January 04, 2006
- The solicitation for the repairs to emergency generator systems at the Resource Center, CSRB, Lion's Eye Center, MEB, Residence Hall, and Nursing/Allied Health has been approved by the Office of Facility Planning and the Office of Risk Management for release to prospective bidders. Bids are due on 1/19/06.
- The contractor removing flood damaged carpet and building materials has completed the work at the MEB and have requested the final inspection. Work is scheduled to begin at the CSRB on 1/5/06.
- LSUHSC staff is working on the repairs to the fire alarm system at the Lions Eye Center as parts arrive. Work is estimated to be complete by 1/20/06.
- Work on repairs to the fire alarm system at the CSRB is scheduled to begin on 1/5 and should be completed by 1/12/06.
- The contractor has completed all of the permanent repairs on the 4 passenger elevators at the Resource Center, except for the replacement of the stainless steel 1st floor doors. They have requested the inspection by the State Elevator Inspector to be completed during the week of 1/9/06. Other elevator repair contractors continue to work at the Lion's Eye Center, Stanislaus Hall, and the District Entergy Garage. Progress on elevator repairs at CSRB and MEB is contingent on the receipt of additional parts.
- LSUHSC Facilities staff is cleaning the air handling units on the 3rd floor of the MEB.