Thursday, February 16, 2006
- At the regularly scheduled weekly meeting, the architects for the Dental School campus restoration began to share preliminary concepts of how critical basement and 1st floor functions might be protected from a similar event. The various proposals combine both relocating functions within the existing buildings and the possible construction of an annex.
- The environmental remediation work continued on the upper floors of the MEB as planned. The contractor also began removal of flood damaged drywall from one of the MEB Auditoriums.
- Work began today on the repairs to the fire pump system for the Walk To Wellness.
- The contractor responsible for the removal of flood damaged materials from flooded 1st floors around the downtown and Dental School campus is completing punch list items at the Human Development Center Daycare Center Bldg. Punch list items remain to be addressed at the Auxiliary Enterprises warehouse and at 1542 Tulane Ave.
- The contractor responsible for removal of flood damaged materials from the Dental School basement continued their final cleaning of basement spaces and expects to be done within a week.