Friday, February 24, 2006
- The environmental remediation contractor has completed the cleaning of the upper floors of the MEB. Preliminary air monitoring results are good and final results are expected early next week. No problems are anticipated. The contactor continues the more complex work on the 1st floors of the CSRB and the MEB.
- The State Fire Marshal has been asked to complete his inspection of the MEB on Wednesday next week and we are anticipating being given permission to reopen the building under a manual fire watch on Monday, March 6th.
- The last repaired main breaker for the electrical switchgear at the Lions/LSU Clinics building has been received. Within the next 4-5 days, the power in the building will be taken down, the switchgear cleaned, the refurbished main breaker replaced and permanent power restored. If the planned cleaning of the switchgear and the reinstallation of the refurbished main breaker goes as planned, we anticipate the reopening of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building on Monday, March 6th as well.
- The environmental remediation contractor will be cleaning the air conditioners in the CSRB over the weekend. This will require that the A/C and exhaust systems be shut down on Saturday and Sunday.
- The 1st of the bid packages for temporary repairs to building systems at the Dental School has been completed. It addresses the basic repairs to the building electrical systems. An expedited procurement process is being used and the pre-bid walk through was held on site today.
- The contractor that is removing flood damaged materials and cleaning the basement at the Dental School is completing the re-cleaning of areas identified during the inspection yesterday. The completion of this work will allow access into the basement without the requirement to wear any personal protective gear.
- The punch list items for the contract to clean the upper floors of the Dental School Clinic and Administration buildings have been completed on the 5th, 6th and 8th floors of the Clinic Building.
- Two of the four sump pumps have been installed in the Stanislaus Hall basement. A small change order has been requested to address a damaged valve discovered in the line feeding the sump pumps.