Thursday, April 27, 2006
REMINDER: A domesticwater shutdown in the Resource Center is scheduled forSaturday morning, April 29th from 8:00 12:00. This will allow LSUHSC plumbers to change outthe shutoff valves on toilets on floors 3, 4 and 7.
- The remediation contractor cleaned the air handling unit on the 8th floor of the Resource Center. The crews will finish the cleaning on the 8th floor Friday morning.
- The remediation contractor has crews and shifts working 24 hours a day to complete the installation of the floor tiles in the Residence Hall.
- The manager at Stanislaus Hall has just reported that the freight elevator shut down last Friday. The two other elevators serving the building have also been reported to be operating erratically at times. The contractor is investigating, but suspects that the problems may be due to high temperatures in the 16th floor equipment room.
- The city water pumps in Stanislaus Hall are both making noise when turned on. We will be unable to start up the chilled water system until this is resolved. The contractor has been notified.
- The fire alarm contractor is replacing damaged system devices and tracing the wiring to facilitate the installation of the fire panel in the Resource Center.
- The Nursing/Allied Health Building is ready for the inspection by the State Fire Marshal on Monday. Fire phones for the building are still backordered, but this will not affect the occupancy of the building.
- In the Residence Hall, the fire alarm contractor will be testing the punch list repair items on Friday.
- LSUHSC electricians are checking the wiring connections to the CSRB exhaust fans and making new, more permanent connections as part of their efforts to address the recent building power outages.
- The carpet contractor continues working in the Resource Center on the 3rd floor and has started working on the 5th floor hallways.