Wednesday, May 10, 2006
- As noted in John Balls email sent late on Monday, the environmental remediation contractor has begun work in the basement and 8th floor of 1542 Tulane. Please avoid accessing the basement, 1st and 8th floors during this week while the contractor works in these spaces.
- The elevators in the Residence Hall were inspected by the State Elevator Inspector today. We are waiting the results of the inspection, but we are optimistic that they will be certified for passenger use.
- The environmental remediation contractor continues to press to complete the installation of the replacement floor tiles in the Residence Hall.
- The contractor responsible for elevator repairs in the Resource Center has indicated that the repairs to the remaining elevators (those not yet certified) will be completed by the end of next week. As soon as those repairs are finished, we will ask the State Elevator Inspector to conduct an inspection in hopes of getting the remaining elevators certified.
- The replacement of carpeting in the Resource Center continues to progress towards completion. Based on the projected completion of the carpeting, the library collection is scheduled to be returned to the Library and re-shelved beginning next week. This process is anticipated to take approximately 6 weeks.