Friday, May 12, 2006
- REMINDER: The CSRB will experience a scheduled power outage over the weekend as previously announced. Power will be turned off Saturday morning at 7:00 AM and should be restored not later than 7:00 PM on Saturday evening.
- The final work necessary to reopen Stanislaus Hall is progressing.
- The domestic hot water pumps are now operating normally.
- The elevators at Stanislaus Hall have experienced some intermittent outages recently. The contractor is back on site and seeking to diagnose and fix the cause(s) of the problems.
- We remain optimistic that these issues will be resolved early in the week and we will be able to reopen the facility mid to late next week.
- Temporary repairs continue at a rapid pace at the Dental School.
- The temporary emergency generator is in place and ready for operation once the connections are completed.
- The transfer switch and transformer for normal building power is in place.
- All of the tap boxes have been received and approximately one third are being installed at this time.
- The air compressor has been received on site.
- Demolition of housekeeping pad is well underway estimated to be 70% complete.
- The temporary domestic water pump is being installed.
- The contract for permanent repairs to downtown campus windows has been awarded.
- The remediation contactor has received clearance for the air handling unit located in the Nursing/Allied Health on the 10th floor. A/C will be turned on Monday.
- The environmental remediation work is progressing in the basement and 8th floor of 1542 Tulane.
- Work on the repairs to emergency generators on the downtown campus continues.
- Both of the emergency generators for the Residence Hall are on site and the preparations for installation have begun.
- Rebuilt stators for the generators at the MEB, the Nursing/Allied Health Building and the Resource Center are expected to be delivered on Tuesday, 5/16.
- The emergency generators serving the CSRB and Lions/LSU Clinic Building have been repaired and are ready for use as necessary.
- Medical air and vacuum pump repair work continues. Replacement pumps will be on site on Tuesday, May 16th.
- The contactor is still working to remove the housekeeping pad in the MEB.
- The preparations at the CSRB and Lions/LSU Clinic are complete and the buildings are ready to accept the new pumps.
- Good progress has been made installing the new carpet on the 5th floor of the Library in anticipation of the return of the collection that begins next week. The contractor plans to complete his work on the 5th floor over the weekend.
- The replacement carpeting for Medical Center Stores is projected to be installed on Monday. Once completed, the staff will be able to return their operations to the original space on the 2nd floor of the MEB.