Tuesday, May 23, 2006
- The tile installation, sealing and finish work in the Residence Hall is complete in both the A and B tower. LSUHSC Facility Services will be inspecting the completed work tomorrow, doing the final cleaning of the rooms and spaces in preparation for the return of students, and completing the standard maintenance (light bulbs, exit signs, etc.) on Wednesday and Thursday. We continue to plan for the reopening of the building by the end of this week.
- The rebuilt stators for the emergency generators at the MEB, the Nursing/Allied Health Building and the Resource Center have been delivered. The installation of the MEB stator began today.
- The vacuum pumps and medical air pumps for the CSRB were delivered to the site today and installation will begin shortly.
- The work on the MEB Seminar Rooms continues. The installation of new carpeting is complete, the installation of new lighting continues and the ceiling tile is being installed.
- The replacement of carpet and tile in both Medical Center Stores and Campus Office Stores has been completed. This will allow those operations to move back into their normal locations as soon as the shelving and stock can be returned.
- The installation of carpeting in the Resource Center Library is now substantially complete. Only punch list items remain to be addressed by the contractor. The State Fire Marshal is scheduled to inspect the Resource Center tomorrow morning and we are optimistic that we will be able to reopen the building following his inspection.