Wednesday, June 07, 2006
- This announcement was released by the Director of the Library late last evening:
- We are pleased to announce that the Library located in the Resource Center at 433 Bolivar Street will reopen on Monday, June 12, 2006.
- The hours of operation are:
- 8:00 am 8:00 pm Monday Thursday
- 8:00 am 6:00 pm on Fridays
- 9:30 am 6:00 pm on Saturdays
We have many new online books and journals. If you are nota registered patron with a library barcode on your LSUHSC ID, please come bythe library to register and get your barcode.
- The medical air pump in the MEB and the medical air and vacuum pumps in the CSRB will be tested during the day tomorrow.
- In the Lions/LSU Clinic Building, the exhaust for the vacuum system and the intake for the medical air system require additional piping before the repairs are complete and the systems can be tested.
- Various repairs to elevators across the campus continue.
- While the elevators in the MEB have been certified for use, there was water damage to the floors of the cars. The contractor is replacing the floors in all of the elevators in that building. The floors have been replaced in elevators #1, #2, #4, #6, and #7. The floor in #8 will be replaced tomorrow. The new tiles for the elevator floors will be installed within the next two weeks.
- The elevator cars in the Residence Hall have had their tile removed to allow for the subflooring to be inspected. The elevators in Tower B and C will require new subfloors due to water damage that was sustained. New tile will be installed after the subfloor has been replaced.
- The replacement of subflooring in the elevators at the Nursing/Allied Health Building has been completed as required. Elevators #1 and #6 require new tile to be installed.