Friday, June 09, 2006
- NOTE: The power outage at the CSRB scheduled for this weekend, Friday June 9th and Saturday June 10th has been cancelled and will need to be rescheduled. The details will be communicated once the have been finalized.
- The Campus Federal Credit Union has announced that it will begin full service operations once again at their 2nd Floor location in the Resource Center, starting Monday, June 12th.
- The LSUHSC Library has also announced that it will reopen its facilities in the Resource Center on Monday, June 12th.
- The vacuum pumps in the CSRB and the Lions/LSU Clinic were tested today. The medical air pumps in the CSRB and the MEB were also tested. The entire system (medical air, vacuum, etc.) will be tested in all three buildings on Monday.
- There are several items to report on the temporary repairs being made to the Dental School:
- The temporary boiler is being connected to the building systems.
- The platform for the air compressors is being set up in the power plant.
- The condenser water pumps arrived and are being set in place.
- Heating hot water pumps have arrived and are being set in place.
- Electrical distribution panels for the basements are being mounted and installed.
- The environmental remediation contractor began the duct cleaning on the 4th floor of 1542 Tulane. Crews also began the general cleaning on the 5th floor.
- The glass contractor for the downtown campus replaced the broken glass in the door leading to the walkway on the MEB side. The various glass panels needed to replace the damaged panels have been ordered. Due to the long lead times for many of these glass systems, they have also done some additional temporary repairs; taping up some windows and boarding up others.