Thursday, July 13, 2006
- Please note: The boilers in the MEB will be shut down at 5:00 PM on Friday, July 14th so that the building steam distribution valves can be changed out early Saturday morning. The steam will be shut off at 5:00 PM on Friday, July 14th and turned back on at about 6:00 PM on Saturday, July 15th. From Friday, July 14th at 5:00 PM until Saturday, July 15th at 6:00 PM, the MEB domestic hot water will not be hot, and the steam serving the autoclaves in the MEB and in the CSRB on Floors 3-7 will be off.
- The work in the large MEB Lecture Halls is continuing.
- The installation of the new carpeting in Lecture Room B is complete and the installation in Lecture Room A is approximately 70% finished.
- The installation of the stands that support the seating and tables is approximately 70% complete in Lecture Room B.
- The pulling of new electrical wiring is underway in both rooms.
- The floors in the Morgue are being sanded in preparation for the application of the epoxy coating.
- The floors in the Gross Labs are also being sanded in preparation for the epoxy coating. The bottoms of the block walls in the Gross Labs are being prepared to receive the epoxy coating that will serve as baseboards. The contractor is painting the repaired sheetrock.
- The ceiling tile installation in the MDL has been finished.
- The environmental remediation contractor is removing debris from the basement at 1542 Tulane. They should be finished by the end of next week, which will allow another contractor begin work on the temporary repairs to the buildings electrical system.
- The contractors making temporary repairs to the Dental School Clinic and Administration buildings are continuing to make good progress.
- The temporary chillers are now connected to building power.
- The Dry Vac has been delivered and installed.
- The Wet Vac system has been delivered and set in place (vacuum producer, tank, & pumps). The connections to the building systems will be made shortly.
- Sump pump covers have been installed.
- Boiler/Hot Water System:
- Steam traps have been installed.
- The expansion tank has been set in place, but needs to be piped-in.
- Hot water heaters are connected to the buildings water supply, and they need to be piped to steam lines, hot water return lines, the expansion tank, & the mixing valve.