Friday, July 21, 2006
- Dental School repairs continue:
- The chilled water is now connected to Chiller #1. Work continues on the chilled water connection to Chiller #2.
- The elevator contractor is aggressively working on the elevators in the building.
- The domestic hot water heater has been piped to the building systems.
- The work in the MDL has been completed and is waiting on final inspection.
- The repair work in the Morgue is continuing:
- A new, epoxy floor that will tolerate the high chemical concentrations will be installed on Tuesday, 7/24.
- The new casework will be installed on Wednesday, 7/26.
- The new countertops are to be installed on the casework on Thursday, 7/27.
- Spare compressors for the Morgue cooler are on order.
- Gross Lab repairs are progressing well:
- The new casework is due to be delivered on Monday, 7/24 and installation will begin immediately.
- The new countertops will be installed on Thursday, 7/27.
- Work in the two large Lecture Rooms in the MEB continues to move forward:
- The new projection screen for Lecture Room A is due to be delivered and installed on Tuesday, 7/25.
- The contractor is waiting on a roll of acoustic wallpaper to finish the remainder of the wall that is to be covered in Lecture Room A.
- Lecture Room B still needs the trim to be installed around the acoustic wallpaper.
- Wiring and table top installation continues in both of the lecture halls.
- The environmental remediation at 1542 Tulane Ave. is moving towards completion:
- The 1st floor cleaning work is complete.
- The contractor who is making temporary repairs to the building electrical and mechanical systems can now access the basement.
- REMINDER: In order to connect the replacement air conditioning unit that serves the 2nd floor of the MEB, a chilled water outage will be needed. This outage will take place on Saturday, July 22nd from 5:00 AM until 5:00 PM. This air conditioning outage would affect the entire MEB for the 12 hour duration.