Wednesday, July 26, 2006
- Dental School repairs continue:
- The contractor is working on the water softener piping. They are removing the old pump and gauges.
- They are continuing to work on the condenser water piping for the two new chillers.
- Lighting for the loading dock has been installed.
- The framing for the room to contain the temporary switchgear is complete.
- The contractor is working on the wet vac system; fabricating pipes for the connection to the building system.
- Demolition of the old switchgear is approximately 90% complete.
- New concrete pads were poured for the ice water machines. (It was discovered that the casing for the machines was larger than the specifications indicated.)
- The sump pumps were tested for proper operation of their controls.
- The elevator contractor is installing new rollers on the Clinic Building elevators.
- In the MEB, work continued in the large Lecture Rooms and the Morgue:
- The modesty panels are being installed on the tables in Lecture Room B.
- In Lecture Room B, the contractor is also connecting all of the data cables that run to the individual table tops to the panel in the back of the room.
- The new projector screen has been installed in Lecture Room A.
- The chilled water piping that supplies the new air handling unit is being insulated.
- The application of the 2nd epoxy coating to the Morgue floor was completed yesterday. The coating must cure for 24 hours, so it can be walked on by Thursday morning.
- The casework for the Morgue, the Gross Lab and the Swing Lab will be delivered tomorrow. Installation will begin immediately.