Friday, July 28, 2006
- The work on completing the repair work in the MEB Morgue, Gross & Swing Labs, and the two large Lecture Rooms continues. Here is a detailed status on the progress and current projections:
- The two new podiums for the Lecture Rooms have been delivered and installed.
- The seats and tabletops for Lecture Room A, and replacement tabletops for Lecture Room B shipped today. They are expected to arrive on Tuesday, 8/1. Installation will begin immediately.
- The new marker boards for the Lecture Rooms are scheduled to ship on August 28th. We will be working with the architects to see if an alternative can be identified that can be delivered and installed sooner.
- The audio/visual sub-contractor will return to complete their installation work on Thursday, 8/3. At that time, they will install the last projector and wire both of the new podiums.
- The last roll of acoustic wallpaper has arrived and it will be installed early next week.
- The casework for the Morgue, the Gross Lab, and the Swing Lab is shipping from the manufacturer in Wisconsin on Friday, 8/4.
- The countertops for the new casework were projected to ship from Texas today and should arrive on Monday, 7/31.
- The new faucets for the labs shipped yesterday and will be delivered on Monday 7/31.
- The two contractors making temporary repairs to the Dental School are nearing substantial completion of their work. The architects were on site today to inspect the work and develop punch lists for both contractors.
- The State Fire Marshal has made a preliminary inspection and has identified specific items that still need to be addressed. The architects are developing solutions that will address the items that have been noted.
- The specifications are being developed for the environmental remediation work in the upper floors of the Clinic and Administration buildings.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
- The exhaust fans have been installed on the roof of the Dental School.
- The contractor making the temporary repairs to 1542 Tulanes electrical and mechanical systems continued the preliminary work, while waiting for the necessary parts and materials to be delivered.
- In the MEB, the contractor has completed the installation of the modesty panels and is securing the power legs to the seating in Lecture Room B. The step lights have also been installed.
- In the MEB 3rd Floor Seminar rooms, the wrong types of motion detectors controlling lighting were installed as part of the upgrades to the rooms. LSUHSC Facilities and Property staff will be replacing those with the proper sensors as rapidly as possible.