Friday, August 11, 2006
- We have received additional results of the testing that was done at 1542 Tulane following the recent completion of the environmental remediation work.
- All spaces on the 3rd through the 8th floors have been cleared.
- All of the spaces on the 2nd floor except for Room 214 have been cleared. This room will be sealed/locked until it can be re-cleaned and cleared by subsequent testing.
- The majority of the spaces on the 1st floor and in the basement have been cleared.
- The remediation contractor will be required to return to re-clean the few areas that have not been cleared.
- LSUHSC faculty and staff may once again access spaces within 1542 Tulane via the 2nd floor stairwell, by following the normal clearance procedure. Access to Room 214, the 1st floor and the basement is still prohibited.
- In the MEB, the electricians continued to make the individual electrical and network connections to each of the new table tops.
- The case work, counter tops and plumbing fixtures have all been installed in the Morgue, the Gross Anatomy Lab and the Swing Lab.
- All of the sinks in these rooms are operational but one. That work will be completed shortly.
- The rubber base molding must still be installed around the bases of all the new casework.