Monday, August 21, 2006
- At the Dental School, the pipe fabrications for Medical Gas (Oxygen & Nitrous Oxide) Systems continue.
- The removal of the flood-damaged medical records continued today.
- The environmental remediation of heavily molded rooms (6413B, 6409, & 7409A) is progressing.
- The control panel for the ice water heat exchanger, AHUs, steam to hot water converter, & hot water heaters is being installed.
- Work also continues on the elevators. The contractors are changing the hoist cables & the governor cables on the freight elevator & Elevators #1, #2, & #4 in the Clinic Building.
- The pipe insulators are making progress towards completion of their work.
- There are 106 windows in the original project to make permanent window repairs on the downtown campus.
- The six windows at 1542 have not been replaced.
- There are four windows left to replace on the main side of the campus. That means that a total of 96 windows have replaced.
- There are 3 additional windows that were found broken. A proposal will be sent to the architect for approval. It will take eight weeks for the additional glass to arrive and be installed.
- 9 of the original windows from the contract should be installed by the end of the week if the weather permits. One glass came in the wrong size and was reordered.
- The remaining work in the MEB Lecture Room was delayed today, because several of the electrical components needed to complete the work have not been shipped and received. We are following up with the contractor to get the shipment(s) expedited.