Thursday, August 24, 2006
- At 1542 Tulane, all of the existing electric panels have been located throughout the building.
- Because of the age of the building, drawings of the original building systems as they were designed and built are not available. Therefore, the contractor has had to trace the old wires. This work continues.
- They are also continuing to pipe in the 13.8KV Switchgear.
- The furniture installer returned to the MEB Lecture Room to complete the installation of the raceways, modesty panels, and power pole covers. The majority of the installations were completed today.
- The manufacturer of the Dental School incinerator is scheduled to start the initial repairs next Tuesday.
- The Dental School repairs are continuing to move forward.
- Mold Remediation of the heavily molded rooms (6413B, 6409, & 7409A) is nearing completion.
- The contractor is completing the installation of the control panel for the ice water heat exchanger, Air Handling Units and Fan Coil Units (for the Basement & 1st Floor), steam to hot water converter, and the hot water heaters.
- The governor cables and shivs have been changed on Elevators #3 & #4.
- Insulation of the water piping is approximately 95% complete. Once completed, pipe labeling/identification will begin.
- The medical records removal contract is approximately 60% complete at this time.
- Domestic Water System Sterilization/Sanitizing has been completed. We are waiting on the final/official results & supporting documentation that certifies that the system is ready for operation.
- The emergency chiller is being monitored for proper operation following a recent failure and is performing as expected.
- Medical Gas System piping fabrication & soldering is 100% complete. The contractor is scheduling leak tests for the system.