Friday, September 01, 2006
- NOTICE: We are very pleased to announce the reopening of the food service operation in the Medical Education Building on Monday, September 11, 2006. Hours of operation will be 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Catering services will also resume with the opening of the facility.
- The target date for reopening the Atrium coffee kiosk is later that same week, but no later than Monday, September 18, with hours of operation from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- The latest information on the Dental School repairs is provided below:
- The labeling/identification of the heating hot water pipe is now complete and the labeling of the domestic water and steam condensate pipes has begun.
- Mold Remediation of heavily molded rooms (6413B, 6409, & 7409A) is complete. The contractors have installed the new drywall and are taping and floating the new walls.
- The installation of the temporary emergency generator is progressing towards completion.
- In the basement of 1542 Tulane Ave. the temporary repairs to the building electrical systems continue. The tracing of the various circuits and the process of terminating high voltage wires is in process.
- The contractor making permanent repairs to windows on the downtown campus replaced two more windows; one at the CSRB and one on the west side of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building.
- Another parking lot at the intersection of Perdido Street and S. Roman Street has been re-opened for use. The Perdido St. parking lot parking is authorized for use by Graduate Students, 3rd & 4th Year Medicine Students, and assigned Roman St. Garage faculty and staff. The Perdido Street lot also offers accessible parking spaces for employees and students with mobility impairment.