Monday, September 25, 2006
- The replacement table tops and modesty panels for the MEB Lecture Rooms arrived Friday and were installed over the weekend. The remaining raceway covers and pedestal covers were also installed. The furniture installers will be leveling the table tops as the class schedules permit throughout this week. The old tops and modesty panels will be removed from the building tomorrow.
- The contractor working at the Central Utility Plant is working on wiring the rebuilt motor to building power.
- Progress in completing the remaining temporary repairs to the Dental School Clinic and Administration Building continues.
- The walls for Elevator #3 in the DS Clinic Bldg were installed over the weekend. The whisper cable was installed on Elevator #3 today. One set of control panels was delivered to the site today and will be installed once it has been wired.
- The Medical Gas System was tested on Friday and no leaks were found in the pipes, however, the connectors at the end of the pipes on the upper floors are believed to be faulty. The contractor will submit a price to repair the faulty connectors to the architects for approval.
- The Soft Water System was diagnosed with an electrical problem which was determined to be caused by faulty fuses. The fuses are being replaced and the need for further diagnosis will be determined.
- Repairs to the block wall at the loading dock have been completed and the needed repairs to the other damaged block walls (morgue, chemical storage, etc) are set to begin.