Thursday, September 07, 2006
- 1542 Tulane Ave:
- Entergy pulled feeders out of the vault. They will return at a later date so Ordes Electric can pull in their new feeder cables.
- Ordes is in the process of changing out the motors and the controllers for the fire pumps in the basement.
- Ordes is also labeling the new panel boxes that they have finished connecting to the transformer and the equipment they will feed.
- Utility Plant:
- We are still waiting for the Variable Speed Drive Motor to be delivered.
- The repair of the pump for the chillers has been delayed by the subcontractors and is a week or more out from being ready for installation.
- Campus Window Replacement:
- The glass doors for the Residence Hall were delivered and they are ready to be installed.
- Dental School:
- The pipe insulation labeling/identification continues. Our contractors have completed the labeling/identification of the steam condensate pipe and are continuing to label the remaining water pipes in the basement.
- The Soft Water System piping continues as the contractors are replacing the soft water piping in the Power Plant. All three of the soft water tanks have had the pipes & gauges changed. The contractor is making plans to partially fill the tanks and test the system.
- Mold remediation of heavily molded rooms (6413B, 6409, & 7409A) is complete. The contractors have installed the new drywall and have completed the application of new wall finishes for these areas (i.e. paint and cove base). The contractors expect to remove the safety barriers around these areas tomorrow.
- The Emergency Generator (temporary-permanent) installation is still underway and progressing towards completion. Work remaining on this system is the swapping of connections from the temporary-temporary to the temporary-permanent.
- The Elevator contractor is still awaiting additional parts & new elevator doors prior to resuming work on the elevators. Additional parts are expected to arrive within a couple of weeks.
- The Medical Gas System is being rescheduled for testing pending the arrival of gas cylinders which are to be provided by LSUHSC. LSUHSC is working to procure the cylinders through the Purchasing Department.
- The contractor replaced a damaged cover panel (damaged during shipping) on one of the refrigerated air dryers for the Compressed Air System