Monday, October 2, 2006
- Tests were conducted in the basement of 1542 Tulane Ave. today to check for a suspected natural gas leak using an electronic sensor/sniffer. They were unable to detect a leak. We are now waiting for a decision from the architects and engineers regarding when Entergy can energize the building and testing the temporary repairs that have been completed thus far.
- The VFD and the new filters in the Central Utility Plant are now connected. The electrical cables have to be secured and the panel doors closed. Once the wiring diagrams are received, the contractor will complete the connections of the control wires for the VFD.
- The subcontractor that rebuilt the pump motor is on site today realigning and shimming the motor. They are planning to complete this work tomorrow.
- The contractor also plans to complete a preliminary test of the motor tomorrow.
- In the basement of the Dental School , the repairs to the block wall by the morgue and the chemical storage room has been completed.
- The elevator contractor is replacing the travel cables and buffers on elevator #3 in the Dental School Clinic Building . The governor sheave and the governor cables have also been replaced on elevator #3.