Friday, November 17, 2006
- The sub-contractor who will provide new, temporary dehumidification equipment walked the floors of the Dental School Clinic and Administration buildings today and found that the fresh air system was open.
- They will bring in their equipment to dehumidify the building next week and will close all of the fresh air louvers.
- The environmental remediation contractor removed the temporary dehumidifiers that he had provided to help lower the relative humidity in the Clinic and Administration buildings.
- The mechanical sub-contractor at the Dental School turned on the heaters in the basement today.
- The design team engineer showed the mechanical sub-contractor the leaks that have been discovered on the loop pump, the condenser pump, and over the de-aerator tank.
- The contractor making storm-related repairs to various parking lot control systems completed work on five gates with the installation of the automatic closers.
- The electrical contractor who won the bid to make the repairs to the electrical feeds to the parking lots has been sent the contract documents for signature.
- Progress on the Student Parking Lot Lighting project continued.
- Parking Lot 2 - Work will proceed through the weekend to install the steel reinforcement cages and the forms around the timber pilings in preparation for pouring concrete light pole bases on Monday morning.
- Parking Lot 3 - The areas around all the new light pole locations were compacted and cleaned up. The new concrete light pole bases were given a finished look with a thin coat of concrete sand mix.
- The contractor working at 1542 Tulane Ave. finished cleaning out the vault under the lakeside lot which will be used for a future electrical riser. They will haul off the trash tomorrow.