Wednesday, November 08, 2006
- The contractor working at 1542 Tulane received the electrical cable required to provide power to the set of elevators where repair work is scheduled to begin. The contractor expects to be able to have electrical service to those elevators by the end of the day on 11/14.
- The mechanical sub-contractor has repaired the broken water main in the basement, as well as some broken nipples in the basement. They are now checking for any remaining leaks.
- The city water pump has not been energized yet, as the contractor needs to have it piped into the existing building systems.
- The Student Parking Lot Lighting contractor has completed the installation of conduit at Student Lot #2 and has finished burying it.
- At Student Lot #3, the electrical wire has been pulled to all of the new light pole locations.
- At the Dental School, a sub-contractor installed an audible strobe in the basement.
- Dust from the dehumidifier in the east breezeway of the Clinic Building 2nd floor was picked up by a smoke detector.
- The fire doors from the 4th floor to the basement did not operate, and would normally close during the alarm period to keep smoke from entering the hallways and corridors. This failure will be investigated and repaired.
- REMINDER: There will be some scheduled steam and water outages over the upcoming weekend. The email announcing the specifics is reprinted here:
needs to make some repairs to the heating hot water service in the MEB and the
domestic cold water in the Residence Hall.
The MEB heating hot water will be off from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM on
Saturday, November 11th, to replace shutoff valves on several heating coils for
air handling units. Also on November
11th, the city water in the Residence Hall, hot and cold in all towers, will be
off from 8:00 AM until 2:00 PM, to repair a leak in the ceiling of one of the
rooms. There will be no water at sinks, showers and toilets during the
Residence Hall outage.
needs to make several critical repairs to their steam supply lines and they
expect to complete this work during a 12 hour shutdown. This shutdown is scheduled for Sunday,
November 12th, from 3:00 AM until 3:00 PM.
There will be a loss of domestic hot water and heating hot water at the
Resource Center Building
Allied Health and Nursing Building
Lion's/ LSU Clinics Building
Clinical Science Research Building
Facility Services will be replacing a valve on a sink on the 9th floor of
Lion's/ LSU Clinics Building . The city water pump will be off from 8:00 AM
to 4:00 PM, on Sunday, November 12th. There will be no water at the sinks or
toilets during this eight hour period.
will also shut down the domestic hot and cold water on the 6th floor of the
CSRB to cap off water lines where sinks used to be mounted in rooms 628 and
626. This outage means no water at sinks
and toilets on the 6th floor of CSRB from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Sunday,
Your patience during
these outages is greatly appreciated.