Tuesday, January 09, 2007
- NOTICE: We have discovered leaking water valves on two floors of the Medical Education Building. There will be a domestic water outage from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM on Wednesday, January 10th so that these valves can be replaced. This outage will affect all of the toilets and sinks on the 4th and 7th floors of the MEB. Please do not attempt to turn on water or flush toilets on these floors during the outage. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
- LSUHSC Safety personnel and Veolia Environmental Services began the process of removing old chemicals from spaces on the 1st floor of the Dental School Clinic Building today. It will take several days to identify the chemicals and prepare them for proper handling and disposal.
- The new basement doors for the Dental School Clinic elevators have arrived. The freight elevator will be ready to operate in automatic mode in the near future.
- The contractor continued removing old conduit and installing new electrical conduit and wiring in the basement at 1542 Tulane Ave. for the new basement lighting.
- The mechanical sub-contractor is inspecting pipes in the basement.