Monday, February 12, 2007
- Beginning Monday, February 12, 2007, the final stages of the Atrium renovation will begin. The contractor will begin installing the new flooring from the Medical Education Building to the Allied Health and School of Nursing Building. At all times a pathway will be kept open for passage between the buildings. The path will change frequently, but you will be able to walk through this area. We ask for your continued patience as this project moves toward completion.
- The States disposal contractor picked up the flooded grounds equipment from the Dental School back campus.
- LSUHSC Facility Services has completed removing the ceiling tiles from the 8th floor of the Dental Clinic Building and is over halfway through the removal process on the 6th floor.
- The contractor has completed the removal of the ceiling tiles from the 2nd floor of the Administration Building , except for the studio area.
- The elevator contractor has completed the elevator controller replacement and is ready to start the electrical repairs for the elevators in the Dental Admin Bldg.
- The installation of lighting fixtures and running electrical wires for the sump pumps in the basement at 1542 Tulane Ave. continued.
- The pipe insulation project also continues.
- The mechanical sub-contractor received the platform needed for the emergency generator and the remaining two sump pumps for the last sump location. They continue to clean out that sump and make the connections for the basement sumps.
- As noted above, the floor patching work started in the MEB atrium today.
- Drywall was also being installed on the knee walls.