Friday, February 16, 2007
- Smoke and heat detectors were installed in the elevator penthouses on both the Dental Clinic and Administration Buildings.
- 120 volt power was run to the wet vac system in the basement of the Clinic Building.
- The ceiling tiles have been removed from the hallways, corridors and clinical areas on the 4th floor of the Dental Clinic Building.
- Ceiling tile removal will begin in the 4th floor Clinic Building offices and in the Administration Building on Monday.
- The elevator contractor worked on the Dental School freight elevator; fine tuning the operation at every floor in the Clinic Building.
- They also worked on the three passenger elevators in the Administration Building .
- The replacement of the motor control center continued throughout the day.
- The contractor bumped each of the motor control center starters as a preliminary test of the wiring of the new center.
- Work continued in the basement of 1542 Tulane Ave. as additional lighting was installed and electrical wiring was pulled to new electrical panels.
- Work on the chilled water pipe insulation project is also ongoing.
- All of the new floor tile has been installed on the primary lower floor of the MEB atrium.
- Tile must still be installed on the ramps, the upper floor section and the floor area where the vending machines are located.
- A significant portion of the new light fixtures have been installed in the MEB atrium.