Thursday, March 15, 2007
- The 3rd day of the training for LSUHSC Facility Services personnel at the Dental School was held today as the equipment suppliers were on site providing training on their pieces of mechanical equipment.
- The Dental School elevator contractor is continuing to work on completing repairs to the remaining elevators in the Clinic and Admin building.
- The 1542 Tulane Ave. contractor continues to work on the electrical panels and drives in the basement, while the pipe insulation project continued in the rear of the basement.
- The elevator contractor at 1542 Tulane Ave. received some additional equipment at the site.
- Repairs to the sprinkler system piping at 1542 Tulane Ave. are being made.
- LSUHSC has prepared and submitted a new Section 406 Hazard Mitigation proposal to FEMA through the State. The proposal provides additional automation and special controls of elevators around the campus that will help to minimize the potential for damage should the campuses experience a similar event in the future.
- The control system will allow LSUHSC Facilities personnel at a central location to override normal the fire/safety pre-sets that send elevators to the 1st floors when power is lost in the buildings.
- The boards and controls would be programmed to move the elevators to selected upper floor locations where the elevator cabs and the cables beneath them would be kept out of any flood waters; protecting them from damage from rising water.
- LSUHSC will proceed with securing a contract for this work as soon as we receive FEMAâ€™s approval of the proposal.