Tuesday, March 27, 2007
- NOTICE: On March 28th there will be a short power outage to replace the fuse carriage in the CSRB switchgear. This outage will start at 6:00 PM and end by 7:00 PM. All A/C, exhaust systems, and animal care steam generators will be off during the outage. Additionally, there will only be emergency lights and receptacles working. One elevator will be operational during the outage. This work is in response to requests from research faculty and the Emergency Situation Response Planning Committee, chaired by Dr. James Cairo, Dean of Allied Health.
- We have found a way to sustain power for parts of the CSRB, including the majority of the animal care facility, during a Hurricane Evacuation. This will enable the power to remain in these areas should Facility Services personnel be ordered to evacuate the city until such time as the power is severed by Entergy.
- While our generators will not be able to provide power once Entergy power is severed, this fix buys us additional time for protection of research animals. In addition, should the storm â€œblow over,â€ there would be no interruption of power to those spaces.
- The contractor started the removal of the ceiling grid in the Dental Clinic Building on the 8th floor level with a team of 8 people. The northeast corridor, Lab 8405, and Room 8403 are finished. They have started on room 8409. This constitutes the east side of the 8th floor.
- The Dental School elevator contractor continued to service one of the elevators on the 7th floor of the Clinic Building.
- The FEMA 406 Hazard Mitigation team made a site visit to the Dental School campus, so that they could become more familiar with the extent of the damage and the complexity of the plans for effective mitigation measures.
- U S Filter connected and serviced the soft water system in the Dental Clinic basement.
- At 1542 Tulane Ave. , the contractor is running conduit in preparation for the installation of additional switchgear that was part of a recently approved change order.
- The insulation sub-contractor is insulating some unprotected portions of domestic water lines.