Thursday, March 8, 2007
- The repairs made to Elevators #1, #2 and #4 in the Dental School Clinic Bldg. have been inspected by the State elevator inspector. The repairs have been properly completed and the elevators have been certified. Once the required emergency telephones are connected, the elevators will be available for use.
- The manufacturer of the incinerator located on the Dental School campus has provided an estimate for repairs that are required to the flood damaged fire brick. The information will be forwarded to FEMA for their review.
- During the installation of the temporary dehumidification equipment at the Dental School last fall, a few of the walkway pavers were damaged. Carr Stone and Tile Co. repaired three of the damaged pavers today.
- The contractor working at 1542 Tulane continues to work on the installation of electrical panels.
- Two of the major change orders that are necessary to allow the upper floors of the building to be reoccupied were approved yesterday. This will allow the contractor to order parts and materials and begin working on these two critical elements.
- The project to insulate pipe in the basement at 1542 Tulane is progressing. The insulation subcontractor is now working in the rear of the basement.