Monday, June 25, 2007
NOTICE: There will be a condenser water outage in the
Medical Education Building
on Thursday, June 28th from 3:30 PM until 11:30 PM. The condenser water system provides cooling
for the walk-in freezers and coolers throughout the building. Both towers will be shut down between 3:30 PM
and 6:30 PM. One of the towers will be
operating by 6:30 PM and the other will be operating by 11:30 PM. While the coolers and freezers are without
condenser water, they will not maintain their appropriate temperature. The piping is being replaced to improve
Dental School :
- The replacement of the ceiling grid and tile continues to move forward.
- Grid and tile installation continues on floors 2 through 7 in the Clinic Building .
- The sprinkler subcontractor continues to reposition sprinkler heads on the 5th and 6th floors.
- HVAC flex ducts and diffusers are being installed on the 6th floor.
- The project to complete the final remediation and duct cleaning is nearing completion.
- The Administration 2nd floor sample results indicated some areas need to be re-cleaned.
- The breezeway from the Clinic Building to the Administration Building was one of the areas, and the containment will remain in place on the 2nd floor until the re-cleaning is complete and new sample results come back later in the week.
- Area sample results for the 3rd and 4th floors in the Administration building came back clean.
- The containment will be removed.
- The construction of the new network/telecom closets is continuing.
- All of the coring is complete and sleeves have been installed on floors 2 through 7 in the Clinic building.
- The build out of the closets themselves and the installation of new racks in the closets is underway throughout the building.
- The replacement of the flood damaged 1st floor exit doors has begun.
- Ordes successfully tied-in a sub-panel that feeds power to all "LNA panels" which provides power to lights and receptacles in the NE quadrant of the building.
- Despite the rain, a long string of serpentine landscape edging was installed in the memorial bench area.
- Planting continued on the Gravier St. side of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building and on the Perdido St. side of the CSRB.
- Work in the afternoon switched from planting to cleanup from the rain.