Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Dental School :
- The installation of the remaining ceiling grid and tile on the 7th and 8th floors of the Clinic Building continues.
- The grid installation also continues in the Administration Building on the floors 2 through 4.
- Viable re-samples were taken on the air handling units that failed the previous test and were recleaned yesterday.
- The preparation for painting the stairwell railings and doors with the antimicrobial paint has begun.
- The entry wall to the 4th floor network/telecom closet was removed and the framing for the new wall and door has begun.
- The carpet intallation is complete on the 2nd through the 4th floors of the Clinic Building.
- The installers are now working on the 5th and 6th floors.
- The intallation of the new cooling towers has begun. New connections are being prepared so that the transition to the new towers can be accomplished with a minimum of downtime.
- Zimmer began the demolition of the sound booth in Auditorium C.
- Ordes continues to run the electrical conduit to the guard station.
- They are currently removing brick pavers in order to route the conduit underneath the driveway.
- Stratos is changing the exterior door hardware on Elevator #2.
- The last of the sod was placed in front of the Residence Hall where the backflow preventer was installed.
- Plants were installed in the last two beds on the Gravier St. side of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building and the beds mulched.
- The grates were installed on the channel drains along the walks near the base of the building.
- This completes all work on the Gravier side of Lions Eye.
MEB Roof Replacement:
- The bid for the project to replace the roof is to be advertised tomorrow.
- The pre-bid conference is scheduled for July 17th.
- Bids are scheduled to be opened on July 24th.
- The contract award will follow the review and analysis of all the bids received.