Thursday, July 12, 2007
Dental School :
- The installation of ceiling grid is nearly complete on the 3rd and 4th floors of the Administration Building.
- Ceiling tile installation on the 2nd through 4th floors in the Clinic Building is substantially complete.
- The construction of the 5th floor linear diffuser is nearly complete.
- Installation of the new grid and ceiling tile on the 6th through the 8th floor of Clinic Building continues.
- The framing of new walls for the Central Sterilization Project has started.
- The final testing of the new network cables on the 2nd, 6th and 7th floors of the Clinic Building has been successfully concluded.
- The terminations of the new cable are nearly complete on all other floors in the Clinic Building.
- New cables have been run throughout the Administration Building and the terminations have begun.
- Preparations to paint the stairwell doors and handrails with antimicrobial paint continued.
- Viable re-sample results are expected this week for several of the air handling units that have been re-cleaned.
- Carpet installation continues on the 5th and 6th floors of the Clinic Building
- The demolition of the media booth in Auditorium C continued.
- The installation (piping, etc.) of the new cooling tower is proceeding.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Ordes continues to run conduit to the guard station.
- They have re-installed the brick pavers after installing the conduit underneath the driveway.
- Stratos continues to replace the exterior door hardware on Elevator #2.
Parking Lot Resurfacing:
- Lot #3:
- The contractor has installed new vinyl coated fencing along S. Prieur Street and has installed the wooden forms for the new sidewalk along Perdido Street.
- Lot #2:
- The contractor has installed the 2nd course of asphalt over the entire parking lot and has installed the wooden forms for the new sidewalk along Perdido St. and Bolivar St .
- The grinding of the new terrazzo floor continues during evening hours.
- The installation of the new linear diffusers is well underway.
- Sprinkler pipe has been delivered to the site and installation of new sprinkler heads to accommodate the new ceiling design can begin.