Friday, July 13, 2007
There is a leak in the medical air service at the Lions/LSU Clinics
Building. On Saturday, July 14th
at 7:30 AM we will be shutting down the medical air to repair this leak. The medical air service to the building will
be restored by 12:00 Noon.
Dental School :
- The installation of the new ceiling grid is complete throughout the Clinic Building.
- The installation of the ceiling tile is substantially complete on all of Floors 2 through 8 in the Clinic Building. Only a portion of the 8th floor remains to be done.
- The installation of light fixtures, diffusers, and the sprinkler heads continues in the Clinic Building.
- Work on the grid and ceiling tile continues in the Administration Building; Floors 2 through 4.
- The 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the Clinic Building are ready for final inspection on Monday.
- The framing of the new walls for the Central Sterilization area continues.
- The contractor is also running the new water pipe and the additional HVAC needed for the space.
- The remediation contractor has begun painting the stairwell hand rails with the antimicrobial paint.
- The installation of new carpet is in progress on the 5th and 6th floors of the Clinic Building.
- Network cable terminations continue in the Administration Building.
- Boe-tel has begun installing the temporary drops for the functions planned for the 1st floor in the Clinic Building.
- The cable trays on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building have been raised to accommodate the new ceiling.
- The construction of the 2nd floor network/telecom closet has begun in the Administration Building.
- Progress continues on the construction of the 3rd floor Administration Building closet.
- The demolition of the AV booth in the 4th floor Auditorium is substantially complete.
- The connections to the new cooling towers are continuing to be made.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos connected the emergency telephone line to Elevator #3 today.
- They are continuing to change out damaged hardware on Elevator #2.
- Ordes Electrical has scheduled a two day power outage for the building on 7/19 and 7/20.
- This is to allow them to complete the connections to the 4th floor switchgear and energize it.
- Plants were installed in the remaining beds along the service drive side of Lions/LSU Clinic Building and the beds were mulched.