Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Dental School :
- The ceiling contractor is nearing the completion
of the installation of all the tile on the 8th floor of the Clinic Building .
grid installation continued on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building .
installation of the light fixtures in the new grid on the 3rd floor
also proceeded as well.
crews are working on the 4th through the 7th floor of the
Clinic Building .
- The Stairwell A handrails and doors have been
C in the Administration Building is currently
being painted with the antimicrobial paint.
- The installation of the drywall in the Central
Sterilization room continued.
- The network cable trays in the Administration Building
2nd and 3rd floors will be repositioned this evening to
allow for the installation of the light fixtures and the new ceiling tile.
work to terminate all of the new network cables installed in the Administration Building
continued, as did the testing of the terminated cables in the Clinic Building .
- Crews were removing additional debris from the
- The work to prepare the cooling tower to be
connected to the related equipment at the Power Plant progressed.
1542 Tulane Ave.
- Ordes cut the asphalt in the L & M lot to
clear a path for the installation of conduit and electrical wire to the guard
- Arc Mechanical continued to fabricate pipe for
the hot water heater connections.
- Siemens was on site removing the damaged fire
panel in preparation for its replacement.
- The contractor continues the process of grinding the new terrazzo flooring during evening hours.
- The ceiling grid has been extended and connected to the custom curved grid pieces that have been installed on the walls.
- The sub-floor is being installed on the raised section of the cafeteria floor.
- Some of the walls that have been dry walled have had the joints taped and the 1st coat of drywall compound applied.
Parking Lot Project:
- The contractor is excavating and framing up the concrete forms for the sidewalks, curbs and sitting area located in the corner of Student Lot #2 at the intersection of Bolivar St. and S. Perdido St .
- At Student Lot #3, the contractor is constructing the concrete forms for the new curbs.
- They are also preparing to demolish the island for the gate controls.
MEB Roofing Project:
- The pre-bid conference for this project was held today. Representatives from 20 contractors were in attendance.
- Bids are due to open on July 24th.
- Crews installed the plants in the last bed
around the CSRB.
also mulched the last large plant bed at Lions/LSU Clinic Building.
- All of the new grass was mowed for the first
- Crews also cleaned up the dirt piles that
remained from the installation of sleeves in the front of the Resource Center
and refreshed the mulch in those beds.