Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Dental School :
- All of the major ceiling installation is complete in the Clinic Building on Floors 2 through 8.
- The installation of the new ceiling grid on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building is complete.
- The installation of the new ceiling tile on the 2nd floor is progressing.
- Lights have been installed and the installation of the new ceiling tile is nearly complete in the Library.
- In the new Central Sterilization location, the wall framing is complete and the HVAC, plumbing and electrical installation is nearly complete.
- Landis is waiting on the delivery of new door frames and they will start installing drywall once the door frames arrive and are installed.
- The painting of the stairwell with antimicrobial paint continues.
- We are awaiting results on the re-samples of air handling units on the 5th, 6th and 7th floors of the Clinic Building.
- The final phase of construction of the new network/telecom closets continues in the Clinic Building.
- Cables continue to be terminated and tested throughout the Administration Building .
- Refractory bricks were delivered for the incinerator and the installation of the new bricks will commence following the removal of the existing bricks.
- The old cooling tower demolition is underway and a crane is on site to remove the pieces of the old tower.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Ordes continues to work on completing the junction box connections between the new high-voltage switchgear and the 4th floor riser.
- Stratos continues to move equipment to the elevator penthouse.
- Siemens continues to remove the old fire alarm wiring,
- They are now working on the 2nd floor.
- The contractor reinstalled the island gate controllers in Student Lot #3.
- The contractor striped Student Lot #2 and installed the new concrete wheel stops.
- Crews completed the installation of the irrigation zone on the Bolivar St. side of Allied Health/Nursing under the building overhang.
- They began adding topsoil to bring the area to its proper grade.
- Other crews continued trenching for the installation of the irrigation main and related wiring on the S. Roman St. side of Allied Health/Nursing and the MEB and on the Perdido St. side of the MEB.