Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Dental School :
- The ceiling tile grid has been completely installed on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor breezeways of the Administration Building. Grid has also been installed in the elevator lobbies of the same building.
- Ceiling tile installation continues on the 3rd floor of the Administration Building and on the 8th floor of the Clinic Building.
- Sheetrock is being installed at the linear diffusers on the 5th floor of the Clinic Building. This work will allow the ceiling tile grid to be connected at this location.
- Zimmer is applying the anti-microbial coating on the walls of Stairwell A.
- The test results from the viable samples taken from AHU 2B in the Administration Building and from 7B and 7D in the Clinic building came back and all the air handling units passed and were turned on.
- The upgrade to the network infrastructure continues.
- Boe-Tel is installing cable trays in the ceiling of the Library and they continue to pull cable throughout the 2nd floor of the Administration Building.
- The newly installed cable is being terminated throughout the Clinic Building.
- The construction of the new network/telecom closets is progressing well.
- The contractor completed the drywall on the 4th floor Clinic Building closet and began framing the closet on the 7th floor.
- The glass over the west vestibule of the Clinic Building has been replaced. The glass in the vestibule of the Administration Building has also been replaced.
- The sterilization units were delivered to the site today. Crews were successful in moving these large units to the new Central Sterilization location on the 3rd floor of the Clinic Building .
- Ordes is installing conduit to provide electrical power to the security station in the parking lot.
- The main air compressor unit has been delivered to the site and installation can begin.
- Emergency telephone lines for the building elevators were being terminated at the elevator control panel.
- All of the planting beds located on the Gravier St. side of the Lions/LSU Clinic were mulched.
- Channel drain has been installed along the sidewalk adjacent to the Lions/LSU Clinic on the Gravier St. side of the building. This will help to control rain water runoff.
- All of the planting has been completed in the large plant bed located on the Bolivar St. side of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building.
- The area below the planting bed was prepared for the sod that will be laid later.
- The landscape edging has been installed on the side of the Lions/LSU Clinic that faces the CSRB.
- The final grading of this area was also completed today.
Parking Lot Repaving:
- The asphalt work has been completed at Student Lot #3. The contractor is now striping the lot and installing the concrete wheel stops.
- The contractor has begun the process of finishing the newly poured terrazzo floors. This is a multi-step process where the surface is repeatedly ground down and polished with increasingly finer abrasives until the surface is completely smooth and shines.
- The remaining dry wall is still being installed. Taping the joints and applying joint compound will follow.