Friday, July 6, 2007
Dental School :
- The installation of the new ceiling grid, the lights, the HVAC flex duct and diffusers, and the relocation of the sprinklers to accommodate the new grid have all been completed throughout the two buildings.
- The ceiling tile installation is substantially complete on the 2nd through the 5th floors of the Clinic Building .
- The remaining ceiling tile installation is continuing in all of the other spaces.
- A second set of viable samples were taken from air handling units 5A, 6A, 6E, 7A, and 7C in the Clinic Building and from air handling units 4C and 4D in the Administration Building following the completion of the re-cleaning of the units.
- The contractor continued work on coating Stairwell A with the antimicrobial paint.
- The contractor has also be breaking down and removing the containments on all of the floors that are now cleared.
- The construction and finishing of the new network/telecom closets continued in both buildings.
- The Boe-Tel crews continue to complete the many terminations of the new network cables that have been run throughout the floors.
- Stratos Elevator is now able to operate Elevator #2 at slow speeds. This level of operation will only allow the contractor to continue the repairs to the elevator, but indicates that the next level of repair work has been reached.
- Ordes ran electrical cable and wires to provide power to the security booth in the L&M Lot.
- They have also installed the disconnect switch on the side of the Medical School Building across from the security booth.
- The crew completed the final grading and the installation of sod on the Gravier St. side of the Lions/LSU Clinic Building.
- The remaining sod has been moved into a shady area between the CSRB and the Lions/LSU Clinic Building for the weekend.
- The final irrigation sleeve was installed on the S. Roman St. side of the MEB.
- The custom, curved ceiling grid has been delivered and is being installed. This grid is designed and manufactured to fit the particular curved dimensions of the new walls in the cafeteria space.
- Crews continue to grind the new terrazzo floors; slowly smoothing them with increasingly fine grinding pads.
- This work is restricted to the evening hours to minimize the noise, dust and disruption of daily operations in the building.