Thursday, August 16, 2007
The contractor who is remodeling the MEB cafeteria is completing all
construction items this weekend except custom built-in cabinets and
installation of new custom furniture. LSUHSC
Facility Services intends to relocate tables and chairs being used in Seminar Rooms
4 and 5 to the cafeteria on Sunday.
Starting after the conclusion of lunch service on Friday Seminar Rooms 4
and 5 will be cleaned and returned to classroom configuration.
renovated cafeteria will be open for breakfast/lunch service commencing at 7:00
AM on Monday, August 20, 2007. Hours of
operation will remain 7:00 am to 3:00 pm for the next several weeks until all
the final touches are complete. Expect
to see continued improvements such as custom furniture, cabinetry and all new
tables and chairs. Once all work is
complete and the new furniture is installed, it will be open from 7:00 am to
3:00 pm Monday through Friday for food service and remain open 24/7 as a student
lounge/study area. Look for the grand
opening in September.
Dental School :
- The connections to the temporary air handling units that will serve the 1st floor of the Clinic Building are nearly finished.
- The sanding of the terrazzo floor has begun in preparation for the re-finishing.
- The build-out of the temporary storage areas continues.
- The sterilizers are being prepared to be moved into their final position in the Central Sterilization area.
- The installation of ceiling tile in the space has been completed.
- The re-carpeting of Auditorium C has begun.
- The installation of the lights and electrical in the new network/telecom closets is underway.
- The Dental School fire pump system was successfully tested and was "green tagged" in preparation for the inspection by the State Fire Marshal.
- Last evening's emergency generator test was also successful.
- The cleaning of the duct work on the 2nd floor has been completed.
- The cleaning has begun on the 5th floor.
- Crews continued digging and preparing the trenches along the Bolivar St. side of the MEB and the Allied Health/Nursing Building where the irrigation control wire will be installed.
- The new air handling unit serving the dining area and the serving line was successfully started up today.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Ordes was on site making the final power connections to the guard station; energizing the lights & the air conditioner.
- Stratos continues to replace the travel cables on Elevator #2.
- Siemens continues to pull new wiring for the fire alarm devices.