August 9, 2007
Dental School :
- All of the major demolition has been completed on the 1st floor of the Clinic Building.
- The walls in areas 1 and 2 have been extended to the deck above.
- Both of the temporary air handling units have been raised and set in place.
- The installation of the related ductwork has begun.
- Demolition of the old ductwork will begin this evening.
- Light fixture installation is underway.
- Viable re-samples for air handler 5A were taken.
- The final installation of ductwork, piping and electrical has begun in the Central Sterilization area.
- Ceiling grid and tile is being installed.
- Carpet and tile is being installed in the Administration Building 2nd floor.
- Cleaning of the ducts on the 3rd floor continues and will be completed this evening.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Ordes began preparing substation PL-1 for the installation of the current transformer and meter.
- Arc Mechanical continues to install the piping and connections for the hot water heaters.
- Stratos Elevator Company continues to work on Elevator #2 installing the governor sheave and governor cables.
- Siemens is working on the 6th floor removing the obsolete fire alarm devices.
- Crews installed irrigation valves on the S. Roman St. and Perdido St. sides of the MEB.
- Valve boxes were installed on the S. Roman St. side of the Allied Health/Nursing Building.
- The last of the trenches needed on the Perdido St. side and the Bolivar St. side of the MEB were finished.