Wednesday, October 24, 2007
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Ordes Electric Co is removing the pressure switches for the Entergy Transfer Station and is running wiring for new pressure switches.
- Stratos Elevator has finished removing the platform for Elevator #8 and is installing the new platform.
- Siemens continues to install new wiring, speakers and strobes on the 1st floor for the fire alarm system.
- The painting contractor continues to prepare the walls in Stairwell C for new paint.
Dental School :
- The bids for the permanent repairs to the roofs of the main Dental School campus were opened on 10/23/07.
- Eight bids were submitted ranging from $1,040,226 to $1,487,000.
- The bids are being examined and evaluated at this time and we hope to make an award recommendation in the near future.
- The ceiling tiles in the vestibules on the 1st floor of the Clinic Building have been installed.
- The contractors have started the installation of the Curviture ceiling in the elevator lobby.
- The installation of the locksets and door hardware on the interior doors continues throughout the Clinic Building 1st floor.
- The finish prep for the walls in the 2nd floor conference room in the Administration Building continues.
- The duct work installation continues.
Health/Nursing Floor Enhancement:
- The new floor tile has been installed in the 7th floor Elevator lobby and in Corridor B.
- Demolition of the old can lights on top of the MEB continues at the top of the area on Perdido and S. Roman Streets.
- Crews continue working on the installation of the irrigation system on the Bolivar St. side of the MEB.