Tuesday, October 09, 2007
There will be a total power outage in the Allied Health and Nursing Building
between 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM on Friday, October 12. This outage will affect all floors of the
Allied Heath and Nursing Building . We will be calibrating and testing the
replacement breakers that we have purchased to assist in restoring power should
we suffer another water event of any significance. This is part of our hurricane preparation
Dental School :
- The sanitization and flushing of the Reverse Osmosis System is complete and the Reverse Osmosis water is safe to use.
- Test results show that it is free of colony forming units and that it can be used as needed without concern for biological contaminants.
- Landis began installing the wood veneer in the main lobby of the Clinic Building.
- The new lights for the restrooms located off the elevator lobby were installed today.
- The demolition of the TV Studio (Room 2203) is almost complete.
- Landis has scheduled the removal of the two large viewing windows and the concrete steps to the adjacent rooms.
- Schindler began installing the elevator interiors in Elevator #6 and #7.
- Landis has also begun removing the ceiling mounted speakers in the Clinic areas on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
- The removal and replacement of some of the damaged laminate wall panels on the 2nd floor of the Clinic Building is in progress.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Ordes installed the power for the pre-cooler and dryer components of the main air compressor.
- Ordes filled the emergency generator with fuel.
- The contractor also began installing a new feed for the Parking Garage lighting.
- Stratos continues to install the door guides on Elevators #7 and #8 and has completed their work on the door guides on Floors 3 - 8.
- They are also working on Elevator #1; removing the rear doors in the basement.
- Siemens continues to work on the fire alarm system.
- Crews were grading and filling the planting beds in the front of the Allied Health/Nursing Building.