Friday, November 02, 2007
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Ordes Electric is labeling wires in preparation for the installation of the new Entergy Thermal control box (PLC) which monitors and controls the Energy Transfer Station.
- Siemens continues to install the new fire alarm wiring, speakers, and strobes on the 7th floor.
- The painting contractor is working in Stairwell D and is finished removing the peeling paint on all of the floors.
- The contractor is floating the walls on Floors 1 and 2.
- They continue to sand the floated walls in the stairwell; currently working on Floors 3 - 7.
- Faculty members began cleaning offices and removing personal items on Floors 5 and 6.
- The steam lines continue to be checked and monitored for proper operation.
Dental School :
- The contractor installed the sprinkler heads for the barrel ceiling in the Clinic Building lobby.
- The barrel ceiling installation continues as does the installation of the reception area furniture.
- The veneer wraps for the columns behind the curved wall are on order.
- The painting of the 2nd Floor conference room in the Administration Building continues.
- The 6 new exterior windows have been installed.
- The new lights are now working on the top part of both MEB patios.
- The demolition of the old lights is in progress.
- The crews sprayed herbicide on old vegetation on the S. Roman St. side of the Allied Health/Nursing Building in preparation for re-landscaping.
- They also sprayed herbicide in various parking lots and performed routine landscape maintenance.